SugarCreek produces raw and fully-cooked meats, appetizers and snacks for some of the most-recognized brands in the food industry. We developed a custom application that provide automated tracking and management of customer feedback for facilities in Ohio, Indiana and Kansas.
- Customer feedback has moved from a paper-based system to a web-based application that allows for easier tracking and reporting. The information moves through a pre-defined route based on each team member’s roles and responsibilities.
- The transition process from paper to digital was simplified with an Excel bulk upload feature, saving significant time over a manual entry process.
By automating its paper-based processes, SugarCreek has improved customer response time, strengthened vendor relationships and improved its bottom line.
Based on an items status in the quality control application, the next user receives a notification that action is required.
Information that was once stored in spreadsheets and required significant manual work is now part of an automated workflow process. Progress has been expedited significantly thanks to status updates and action notifications that keep tasks moving through the process flow.
Libraries / Frameworks
- Laravel (started at 4.2 and now 5.1)
- laravel-snappy (PDF creator)
- pheanstalk (beanstalk queues)
- PHP Excel (parsing and generating Excel documents)
- jQuery UI
- jQuery File Upload
- Bootstrap (CSS also)